The Learning Center, Delany 112
(Mon. & Tues. 8:15 am – 7:00 pm, Wed. & Thurs. 8:15 am – 6:00 pm and Fri. 8:15 – 2:00 pm)
The Writing Center, Delany G18
(Mon. through Wed. 10:00 am – 7:00 pm, Thurs. 10:00 am – 6:00 pm and Fri. 8:15 – 2:00 pm)
Students have the option to either walk-in or schedule their session online via
Dear SEEK Student: Help us evaluate your tutoring experience. Click the link and complete this quick survey
Deadline to submit your evaluation is May 3rd.
The SEEK Learning Center (SLC) offers students the opportunity of FREE individual and small group tutoring for all undergraduate level college courses. SLC Tutors go through rigorous training and periodic individual assessments to ensure that they are offering tutees the best possible academic support.
Students who visit the SLC will have access to:
- trained and competent tutors,
- academically enriching workshops
- a place to study
The SLC is located on the first floor of Delany Hall , rooms 112 & 113
Dr. Cicely Rodway, Tydie Abreu Pellot, Marina Vlahaki, Alexia Rose, Daniela Zabaleta and Malinie Cyril
and a host of student tutors….
Some Resources for Students (Courtesy of SLC) :
- Bozemanbiology. The following is a link to the youtube user Bozemanbiology. He gives simple lectures on various important topics that students may encounter in Chemistry. http://www.youtube.com/user/bozemanbiology?feature=watch
- CrashCourse, has a wide variety of lectures and is highly entertaining. Especially useful for those who find lecture unbearably boring. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8dPuuaLjXtPHzzYuWy6fYEaX9mQQ8oGr
- MIT Online courses: A link to a list of MIT lectures that cover the general chemistry course. May be useful for those who want lectures, but believe that their instructor does a poor job. http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/chemistry/
- Chemistry Lecture Notes: A link to a website containing a variety of Chemistry notes. These are not videos and can be displayed easily on slower computers. Furthermore, they may be more effective for those who prefer to read rather than watch and listen.
- Bozemanbiology. All things Bio! https://www.youtube.com/user/bozemanbiology?feature=watch
- CrashCourse. Highly entertaining and visual lectures. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3EED4C1D684D3ADF
- Art of Problem solving. This website contains a variety of algebra videos. This is a very useful website illustrating different steps. http://www.artofproblemsolving.com/Videos/index.php?type=introalgebra
- Khan Academy. Videos covering a variety of topics.
- eHowEducation: Trigonometry and Pre-Calculus videos. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyIIP3wOG_VBwSp6HbwLvJZFBpaoRUpJZ
- MIT Online Lectures: Lectures from an MIT professor. http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/mathematics/18-01-single-variable-calculus-fall-2006/video-lectures/